Kuari Pass Trek Package @₹7999 – Book Now
Kuari Pass Trek Overview
Discover the enchanting beauty of the Garhwal Himalayas with the Kuari Pass Trek, often referred to as Lord Curzon’s Trail. This 6-day adventure will take you to the heart of Uttarakhand, India, where you’ll ascend to an impressive altitude of 12,763 feet. The Kuari Pass Trek is renowned for its breathtaking views of majestic Himalayan peaks such as Chaukhamba, Nanda Devi, and its twin, Nanda Devi East. It stands as one of the prime trekking destinations in Uttarakhand, making it a top choice for tourists seeking an exhilarating mountain experience.
Embark on a circuitous journey from Joshimath that guides you through snow-clad ranges, picturesque villages, lush Himalayan meadows (also known as ‘Bugyals’), and the pristine valleys of the skiing haven, Auli. During this remarkable adventure, you’ll have the opportunity to camp amidst snow-drifted forests, creating memories that will last a lifetime. The 33-kilometer-long Kuari Pass Trek is suitable for trekkers of easy to moderate experience levels and promises mesmerizing views of the grand Himalayas that will leave you in awe.
- Starting & Ending Point: With Transport: Rishikesh/Haridwar (Depending on availability) Without Transport: Joshimath
- Duration: 6 Days, 5 Nights
- Distance: 33 km (to and fro)
- Maximum Altitude: 12,716 ft (3875 m)
- Difficulty Level: Easy To Moderate
- Temperature: Day (6°C to 16°C) and Night: (-6°C to 4°C)
- Best Time: October to April
- Nearest Railway Station: Dehradun Railway Station
- Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
Inclusions in Kuari Pass Trek
Your Kuari Pass Trek adventure comes with the following inclusions:
- All required permits and requisites for the Kuari Pass Trek.
- Professional Trek Leader and Support Team to guide you throughout the journey.
- Accommodation for 5 Nights: Tents or guesthouses on a triple/quad sharing basis. Standard tents/hotels/guesthouses with attached washrooms in Joshimath.
- Nutritious Vegetarian Meals: From Day 1 Dinner to Day 6 Breakfast, you’ll enjoy delicious and energizing food.
- Transportation: If you opt for it, the package includes transportation from Dehradun to Dehradun.
How to Reach Kuari Pass Trek
We offer two Kuari Pass trek packages: one with transportation from Dehradun to Joshimath and one without it.
If you choose the package with transportation, you need to meet us in Dehradun.
To reach Dehradun, you can take a direct flight to the Jolly Grant Airport from Delhi. Alternatively, you can take a direct train or bus from Delhi at your convenience. If you prefer, you can directly reach Joshimath by taking a bus from Dehradun.
However, we recommend joining us from Dehradun, as the drive from Dehradun to the Kedarkantha base camp itself is a breathtaking experience.
Itinerary For Kuari Pass Trek with Camping
Day 1 – Rishikesh to Joshimath Drive
- 7:00 AM: Leave from Rishikesh.
- Enjoy a scenic 10-hour uphill drive, parallel to streams and rivers, passing through beautiful sights including Panchprayag – the confluence of 5 holy rivers to form the river Ganga.
- 8:00 PM: Dinner followed by an overnight stay at Joshimath Hotel/Homestay. Rest well, as your 4-day trek begins the next morning!
Day 2 – Joshimath to Gulling via Dhak
- 12 km drive & 5 km trek (3 hours trek)
- Start your day with an early breakfast and a 45-minute drive to Dhak village. Your trek begins here, along a well-defined trail that meanders along the mountain ridge with a series of steep and gradual ascents.
- The trail leads you to the mesmerizing Kharchi Village, passing above Dhauli Ganga, a rain shelter.
- After reaching Lower Tugasi, the trail ascends gradually and takes you through wheat fields, flower beds, small streams, and thatched-roofed huts.
- Finally, you’ll reach Gulling, where your tents will be pitched in meadows overlooking the mighty mountains. Stay in camps overnight at Gulling.
Day 3 – Gulling Top to Khullara Top
- 6 km trekking | 11,122 ft
- Enjoy a hearty breakfast as you prepare for the 3rd day of your itinerary.
- This comfortable trek will take you through a dense forest cover, which is blanketed in pristine white snow during the peak of winter.
- Throughout the trail, the Hathi Ghodi mountains will grace the sky.
- The campsite is situated amidst alpine meadows at the end of Tali top.
- You can play camp games, have an early dinner, and rest early to prepare for an exciting trek the next day. Camp under the starry night for a well-deserved sleep.
Day 4 – Khullara to Kuari Pass and Back to Tali Top
- 12 km trek
- After breakfast, embark on your trek to Kuari Pass.
- Continue a moderate climb towards the Kuari top. A gradual descent from here will bring you to Kuari Pass in about 40 minutes.
- Here, you’ll be surrounded by towering Garhwal peaks, including Kedarnath Peak, Kedardome, Chaukhambha, Ghori Parvat, Hathi Parvat, and Dronagiri. Take in this breathtaking view and prepare for your return trek to Tali Top along the same path.
- Camp at Tali Top/Khullara for the night and enjoy a delicious dinner.
Day 5 – Towards Auli via Goryan Bagyal and Drive to Joshimath
- 11 km trek & 12 km drive | 6,724 ft
- Enjoy breakfast on the last day of your trek.
- Begin your trek towards the skiing capital of our country, Auli. After a 40-minute trek, you’ll reach the pristine Tali Lake.
- A steep climb ahead will take you through cliffs and terrains via snow-patched valleys of Gorsan Bugyal towards Padiyar temple.
- Descend to Auli through these meadows, and marvel at the scenic beauty. Auli is a popular destination, and you may encounter other trekkers on this trail.
- Take your time to absorb the breathtaking sights. You will drive back to Joshimath and stay in a hotel/guesthouse there.
Day 6 – Drive Back to Rishikesh from Joshimath
- 8 hours drive
- After breakfast, bid farewell to the past week’s adventurous experiences and depart for Rishikesh.
- Your unforgettable journey ends as you return to Rishikesh/Haridwar.
- Accommodation: Enjoy 5 nights of tented lodging on a triple sharing basis.
- Meals: All vegetarian meals from breakfast to dinner for the first day to seventh day.
- Morning and evening tea/coffee are served with light snacks during the trek.
- Camping Charges: All essential fees and permits for Indian residents are covered.
- Safety Equipment: Basic first aid medical kits including an oxygen cylinder and an oximeter.
- Expert Trek Leaders: Knowledgeable and experienced trek leaders and support staff.
- Personal Insurance
- Medical Certificate
- Personal toiletry Items and Personal Medicine kit